June 16, 2011


My Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler piece that is.  On Monday I finished up the last of the stitching on the frame.  The photo is awful and I apologize for that but the light was gone so I had to use my Ott Lite.  Anyway, I'm glad to get this done as the next part should be arriving shortly.

In the meantime, I've picked up Ann Sandles again and will work on that until Part 2 of the mystery sampler shows up.

June 4, 2011

Not exactly as planned...

I got a phone call from the framing department at AC Moore on Thursday that they'd gotten my framed piece back but there was a bit of a problem.   I had originally picked out a blue edge that should have inside of the main frame that really brought out the blue in the stitched piece.  Unfortunately they weren't able to add the inner frame because it was too small for their production machine.  They did send the pieces so I told the AC Moore clerk that I wanted to come in and look at the piece before deciding what to do.  If the liner was added, it would have been really close to the edge of the stitching and there would have been no fabric edge for a contrast between the stitching and the framing.  And while they did send the inner frame, it ended up that the pieces they sent weren't the right size so I decided to just leave it as is.  I think it looks good but I'm a bit disappointed as the original framing I picked out was perfect.

I've had a really busy week so there wasn't as much stitching as I'd hoped.  I have been working really hard on my Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler piece and am pretty pleased with my progress.  I think I just might have the framing completed stitched by the time the next piece of the project comes out.  I should have a photo to share soon.