April 29, 2011

Back to regularly scheduled crafting

I know it's been quite a while since I've posted.  I gave my final presentation for my Masters degree on March 9th and then stayed away from the computer for almost a month.  I've done tons of reading whatever I want with no guilt whatsoever which is such a welcome change from the past two years.

I also picked up my needle again and started and finished two ornaments for exchanges I am in this year.  The first finish was my Christmas ornament which is the Stained Glass Tree from last years JCS ornie issue.  A lot of stitching but really nice when it's finished. 

 The second finish was for a Halloween ornament for a Halloween ornie exchange I'm in with the same group.
 
Every month I receive a fully kitted Christmas and Halloween ornie for my own stitching and I am responsible for kitting up both of these, including the backing fabric, to send to the rest of those in the group.

Tomorrow I'm going to NH for the Celebration of Needlework event in Nashua.  I have not been in three years and I'm really looking forward to going to the shopping mart and meeting up with the talented Nancy B who I have not seen in over a year.  Stop back for a full report!

1 comment:

Joanie said...

Girl, I've missed you! Congratulations on your Masters. I am jealous of your trip to Nashua, remember when we went to Hershey?
Looking forward to your report!