May 14, 2014

Oh Happy Day!

Yesterday, I put the last stitches into Block 12 of my Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow.  Block 10 had been finished on Easter Sunday but I never took a picture until today.


I decided not to stitch Block 12 exactly as charted as after all of the hard work of stitching I wanted to include my own name and not  Mary Crow's.  Plus the angel holding the tree was kind of freaky looking so I took the tree motif and stitched it alone, trying to balance out the medallion on the left.

Then I used the space between for stitching my name.  I did not chart my name out prior to starting to stitch, just put in the letters as I went along.  As you can see, there was not enough room for the last k in my name so I took a page from some of the school girl samplers of old and fit it in.

I could have ripped out the tree or my last name and started over but I like the imperfection of it, so it's going to stay as is.


Here is block 10 completed as well.  I will work to get better pictures with a regular camera over the next few days.  These were taken quickly with my iPhone and I'm too tired to fuss to get them better.

I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to move on to something else!  Wahoooo.....

6 comments:

P.J. said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! What an awesome feeling it must be to have it finished! You and I chatted about that angel and I will be doing the same...it won't make it on mine either. ;) Way to go lady!

Anna van Schurman said...

Great job! I love how you did your name.

Melissa said...

Congratulations! It's a huge accomplishment and a beauty!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous. Congratulations on finishing this project. Well done on the changes of the last block. And I do love the two cardinals.
What is your next project? Looking forward to seeing it on your blog.

Barb said...

An absolutely amazing project. You have done a great job!!

Melody said...

Great job on a huge finish!! I remember the feeling well, after finishing that one. Such a relief to start something smaller and less time consuming. Altho, I do tend to enjoy the big projects as well. I also stitched my name in block 12.