December 12, 2006

Why I'm not a quilter


While I was working on exchange stitching, I also started this. The pattern is called Turning Twenty and for most people it's a very easy quilt pattern. Everything was going very smoothly until I realized, after sewing my last block together, that the yellow, pink and blue blocks in the layout corresponded to light, medium and dark fabric choices. In the Turning Twenty pattern, no two fabrics should touch each other. As you can tell, mine do - largely as a result of the light not dawning as to what the pink, yellow and blue meant. You can stop laughing now!

Oh well, it's my own unique creation. I still have to add a strip border on all sides and possibly an outside border depending on the finished size. The fabrics are what motivated me to make the quilt - they are different from my usual pallet but I really, really like them. And this is a very easy pattern to make - so much so that I will probably attempt another just to get it right! But I don't think I'll ever call myself a quilter.

7 comments:

lobstah said...

It looks great nonetheless. I love the fabric choices, very clean and fresh looking.

Unknown said...

I think it's lovely! And no one would ever know it wasn't exactly like the pattern.

mainely stitching said...

Only a quilting purist would even notice - I think it's gorgeous and I admire you tremendously for taking on quilting in addition to the million other things you're busy with!

Michelle said...

Love the fabrics! And you will have such a beautiful quilt to treasure!

Anne S said...

I agre with everyone else - the quilt looks lovely as it is ... and if you hadn't said anything no-one would even notice :) Lovely ornies too, both sent and received :D

Erin said...

Oh Patti, I'm right there with you!! I made a "quilt" of sorts as a Christmas gift for my sister....it came out ok, but I've decided I'm NOT a quilter...

I think yours is lovely - and you are right, it will be one of a kind!

Anonymous said...

and you know, if you didn't point it out, nobody would even notice :)
I think it looks terrificl.