February 6, 2007

Mail Art Happy Dance!!

I was lucky enough to have Barbara as my exchange partner for the SBEBB Valentine's exchange and she stitched me a fantastic piece of mail art - my first ever! It arrived in my post box like this. I think when it arrived in the states, the post office was worried it would be damaged so it came to me in this envelope!


I couldn't wait to get the envelope opened as I've never receive a piece of mail art before - it is sooooo cool! The verse on the back is "Heart and hand will ne're part my friend" along with a heart, hand and a cute dog paw and rabbit design. Inside Barbara included some wonderful red heart buttons, some Stranded By the Sea floss, a skein of Six Strand Sweets thread in Black Cherry, a skein of DMC linen thread which I'm looking forward to trying out, a skein of Old Willow Floss in English Quaker Rose and a yummy piece of 32 ct. linen in mulberry. I especially love the lining fabric which is a yummy pink paisely design. I've been very into paisley lately so Barbara really chose well! Thank you dear friend!










6 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Hooray, Patti! I was worried about it because this is the first time I've used "real" stamps with a MA. I'm so glad you like it. The little doggie print and running bunny were for Cowboy. He's so cute, I feel like I know him. :)

I'm really, really glad you like it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful mailart!

Lucy said...

How cool is that!

Lennu said...

What a lovely mail art! Receiving (and stitching) mail art is so great, I think it's the best mail imaginable :)

The exchanges you have stitched are wonderful, great work!

Stitch Wizard said...

What pretty mailart!! I bet you were so excited when you got your mail! My husband is originally from Camden, Maine and I hope to get to visit there someday. We live in Texas now. What part of Main are you in? Would love to try some of the lobster there! :)) Debby

CJ in OK ;-) said...

What a special gift. It is a beautiful. Enjoy