December 31, 2007

Some End of the Year Finishes

The last part of my year was taken up primarily with exchange stitching. I had a December birthday exchange due as well as a Christmas exchange. Now this may not look Christmas-ey but it was requested by the person I stitched it for. It is from the PS Pumpkin Patch chart and my first attempt at ruched ribbon finishing. Laura seemed to like it and I really like how the ribbon turned out. I will definitely try this technique again.


My next attempt was a biscornu for Leigh's birthday. I had never tried this technique before but I'm glad I did as it was easier than I thought it would be. I waffled on whether or not to add a button in the center but decided against it. The design is one I purchased from Creative Poppy. I really love being to able to download and stitch a chart instantly - very handy when the closest LNS is an hour away.

I started another exchange piece yesterday - this time for Valentine's day. I won't be able to show the progress on that but will remember to post a photo once its been received.
Are you going to be starting a new project tomorrow in honor of the new year? I feel a strong urge to but I also have several large WIPS (one almost a UFO) that I really need to make some progress on so I'm going to try and resist the urge. I did order a few clearance charts from ABC Stitch Therapy this week so maybe I will start one of those when they arrive. Stay tuned!
I wish you all a safe, happy and healthy 2008!



4 comments:

Joanie said...

Miss Patti, Happy New Year, girl! I love your exchanges, especially the biscorne (aren't they fun?)!

I wish you all the best in the coming year and thanks for being a great friend!

I hope you'll come back to NY and visit soon!

Rachel said...

Happy New Year Patti! Your biscornu for Leigh is lovely.

mainely stitching said...

Hello Patti!! Your recent stitching and knitting pictures are, as always, an absolute treat for the eyes. :D I hope your 2008 is off to a happy and healthy start!

Michelle said...

Both exchanges are beautiful! I would love the witch too!