January 21, 2008

Hope for spring?


It was quite cold here today - maybe mid-teens with a really wicked wind that brought the temp down to single digits. It was nice to come home to see my hyacinth in bloom - a little breathe of spring even though we've got quite a way to go before we see that up here. My friend Mulan gave me the bulb all rooted for Christmas and I'm enjoying the fragrance of the blooms as I sit in my office.


I managed to put a tiny bit of time into my Stitcher's Wallet SAL piece both last Friday and the Friday before. As you can see from the progress - or lack of! - I've not worked on it that much. I've been so tired on Friday nights that I can only manage a small amount of stitching without frogging. I'm going to try and pick this up a bit this week and see if I can make more noticeable progress.



I also received my Christmas exchange package from Germany last week. Manu stitched me the most gorgeous pillow and sent some wonderful goodies as you can tell from the photos. The gummy bears she sent are gone as of tonight and the chocolate is about half-way gone!

5 comments:

dragonxser said...

You hyacinth is gorgeous - I never remember in time to force them! The pillow is gorgeous and your package goodies are wonderful too!

mainely stitching said...

That's a lovely exchange. And although you haven't had much time to stitch, I love seeing your progress on this wallet!

Nancy said...

Very nice exchange piece(and goodies)! The flower looks good, too. I doubt we will see spring bulbs here for awhile. I have about 3 feet of snow on my lawn. Enjoy! Nancy

Michelle said...

Love your hyacinth blooms! Great exchange too.

Anonymous said...

What a great exchange, from the pillow to the goodies. Very nice :)