January 27, 2008

Stitchers Wallet and a Mystery Start

Here is the progress on my Stitcher's Wallet. This is actually progress from the week and not just Friday night stitching. I took this to work with me last week and was able to work on it during my lunch hour two or three times during the week. I probably won't have time to do that this week but if I get up early enough, I might work on it before Friday.



I also started the new Papillon mystery project. Here is my progress so far. This piece is full of wonderful specialty stitches and I really like how it's turning out. I'm using 32 count linen in Toasted Almond and Needlepoint Inc. Silks.







I've chosen a cream, two blues and a brown (the one on the right is the one I ended up using) for my flowers to coordinate with a quilt I'm making for my bedroom. I repainted my bedroom this weekend and the bathroom two weeks ago so I'm on a bit of a roll. The color is Benjamin Moore Beacon Grey which is a bluish gray color. I think this piece will look great in the room once it's framed - at least I hope it does once the rest of the design is revealed!









5 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I'd been waffling over whether or not to try the Papillon mystery, but after seeing yours, I want to stitch it too!! :D

Nancy said...

Wow, love the colors in the mystery sampler. Gorgeous! Your stitchers wallet is coming along nicely also. You've been very busy-painting, quilting, stitching! When do you sleep?

Nancy

Astrig in Maine said...

Hi,

You can delete this comment once you've read it...I wasn't certain how else to contact you...

I’m Astrig in Searsport and I’ve read your blog many times over the past few years…I keep thinking that our paths will cross sometime but I’ve decided to help destiny move quicker ;-)

Among the many hats I wear, I helped to organize Fiber College on Penobscot Bay and right now we’re soliciting instructor applications...would you or someone you know like to propose and possibly teach a class? In the months to come you’ll see that we’ve added a tagline to the Fiber College logo, “Educating creative expression” as a means of communicating our mission. I hope that you like it.

The instructor’s application is on the www.fibercollege.org website. To find the form, go to the faculty button on the left and download the necessary paperwork. If you know of anyone else we should invite to apply, please feel free to pass the invitation along or tell me and I’ll e-mail them directly. Of course we will offer plenty of knitting and spinning classes and demonstrations but we’re also looking to add some less seen fiber arts to the curriculum including chair caning, fly tying, knotting, paper arts, surface design and braiding of all kinds.

Although the 2008 schedule is still a bit nebulous, we have a very exciting, nationally known fiber artist in the works as the 2008 Artist in residence and we will be working closely with several publishing houses to organize a Sunday morning book signing event…I’ll pass on more details through the blog as they firm up…I don’t want to jinx anything ;) !

Steven and I are headed to the Spa Knit and Spin in Freeport this February. It’s a first for us and I’m really looking forward to it. Steve promises to keep himself busy all day and meet me for dinner at night…who could ask for more? Are you going to be there?

Thanks for letting me intrude on your day,
Astrig Tanguay


Astrig Tanguay, co-director, Fiber College on Penobscot Bay
P.S. To help us spread the word about the college, would you consider putting a link to the site on your blog?

Anne S said...

Oh boy, now I've seen your start to the mystery I'm tempted to do this one too :) It looks wonderful, and I adore your choice of colours! :D

Carol said...

Hi Patti - your wallet is looking fantastic... and I just love your colors for the Papillon mystery... those are ones I would choose too :-)