March 9, 2010

Knitting only content!

Okay, this is going to be really short. Here is the finished Oscar mitten - mitten #2 will most likely be cast on this weekend. The mohair for this is a tiny bit thicker than that I used for the Elmo mittens which makes them a bit more fuzzy and I hope a bit warmer. The photo obviously does not do justice to the actual yarn as they are much more vibrant in person.
And, here is my domino/mitered knitting project. The instructor said that this type of knitting became an obsession with her and I can see why. I'm having a very hard time forcing myself to put down the needles and do some class work. I've already found a rug to make using the technique from a free pattern in an old Interweave Knits issue and a jacket I had tagged from the Holiday 2003 issue of Vogue Knitting. Funny how I knew I would come back to that someday - only 7 years later! LOL
Have a great night and I will try to get back to reading all of your blogs more regularly when class ends on Thursday!

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

The domino knitting looks so cool!!!

And my mitten looks so WARM! Thank you SO much!! :D

Brigitte said...

This domino knitting looks very interesting. I once made something similar back in those times when I still was knitting. But I can't remember how I made it, lol. Have fun with this project.