January 17, 2011

A little on this, a little on that



It all adds up I guess!  I haven't had a lot of stitching time the past few days but I have managed to put a little bit into three different pieces. First up above is Winter Wonderland by BBD. Especially appropriate since we got 16 inches of snow last week which hasn't melted much.  I ended up stuck in the parking lot at work because my car is so low and I was essentially snowed in!  About 4 different people were trying to help plus a front end loader and a plow truck!  LOL  Ah, the fun of winter in Maine. 

Adding lots of color is CHS Jump.  I worked on this yesterday and it continues to be such a fun stitch. Even though it's quite small and there were a fair number of color changes in this particular block, it is coming a long nicely.  I still have to give the people mouths but I may just try eyes only.  I'm going to experiment.
And finally, this is the progress I've made so far on my ornament kit piece.  The colors are kind of boring and it's a bit tedious to measure and track all the thread but overall, it's not a bad project.  I chose a piece of 32 count from my stash but I don't think I will use it to kit up the rest of the ornaments as it is too close in color to the threads.  You won't really see much of it if it's finished as designed but in case someone wants to let more of the fabric show - maybe frame theirs - I will look for a fabric color that lets the design stand out more.

Hope you are enjoying a relaxing evening after the first workday of the week.  I'm off to walk the dog and then maybe get some more stitching in tonight. 

5 comments:

barbara said...

Everything looks wonderful to me. I'm itching to take out my CHS alphabet and finally start it. And your BBD project has such lovely colors. :)

Brigitte said...

Your BBD piece looks so lovely, well, just BBD, lol. And you made a good start on the ornament. It might be a bit boring at the moment to stitc but when it's finsihed it'll be awesome.
Wow, the alphabet shows real progress. Great colours and motifs.

Pumpkin said...

Your WIPs are looking really good :o)

Hazel said...

Beautiful wips! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It has been a pleasure visiting yours. x

Dani - tkdchick said...

What lovely and different WIPs you're working on!