June 4, 2011

Not exactly as planned...


I got a phone call from the framing department at AC Moore on Thursday that they'd gotten my framed piece back but there was a bit of a problem.   I had originally picked out a blue edge that should have inside of the main frame that really brought out the blue in the stitched piece.  Unfortunately they weren't able to add the inner frame because it was too small for their production machine.  They did send the pieces so I told the AC Moore clerk that I wanted to come in and look at the piece before deciding what to do.  If the liner was added, it would have been really close to the edge of the stitching and there would have been no fabric edge for a contrast between the stitching and the framing.  And while they did send the inner frame, it ended up that the pieces they sent weren't the right size so I decided to just leave it as is.  I think it looks good but I'm a bit disappointed as the original framing I picked out was perfect.

I've had a really busy week so there wasn't as much stitching as I'd hoped.  I have been working really hard on my Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler piece and am pretty pleased with my progress.  I think I just might have the framing completed stitched by the time the next piece of the project comes out.  I should have a photo to share soon.

3 comments:

Gabi said...

That must be a bit disappointing. Finding the perfect framing and not getting it done the way you want it.
On the bright site...it looks gorgeous framed as it is.
Looking forward to see a pic of your Mystery sampler :)

Dane said...

If you have a picture in your mind it is always disappointing to life with changes. But I really like how it turned out with the framing - hope you can say that too in a while ;o)

mainely stitching said...

Bummer that it's not the perfection you envisioned, but from where I'm sitting it certainly looks great. :D