May 23, 2011

Saturday Antiquing

Saturday I felt the pull to visit one of my favorite antique places over on Route 1 so I headed over that way.  I was looking for something I could use to put votive candles in on a cute two-tiered rack I found at Marshall's last week.  I found the perfect thing - a set of 8 clear glass expresso cups that are the perfect size for votives.   I forgot to take a picture but I will because I love how the rack turned out.  It sits on my dining room table and makes a really unique centerpiece/lighting arrangement.  I also found this great frame which made me instantly think of Beth Twist's Thankful series.  I think the frame will be perfect for the designs and I'm hoping it's the right size.  Now I just need to get the charts! 
On my way back, I stopped at a few more places and found some great stitching related items.  I found this great collection of old hoops that I'm thinking of using as wall art in my living room where the rest of my stitching collection is displayed.  I also found this cute sewing set which I bought mainly for the scissors.  The cost was $22 which I didn't think was that bad. It's in a rather boring hard case but I like how the scissors are displayed so for now I will keep everything as is.

I have been working diligently on my With Thy Needle mystery sampler and I'm close to finishing the top band.  I was hesitant about the fabric but I'm really happy with the way it's looking so far.  I hope to put some more time into it this evening and have a photo to show tomorrow.

2 comments:

barbara said...

Fun finds, Patti! Looking forward to seeing your votive arrangement. I love re-purposing old things!

Ellen said...

Love that frame and scissors! Great start with Brenda's Mystery Sampler, I have yet to receive my chart and fabric.

Love your new Ann's start too!

Hugs,