September 22, 2012

Seasonal Start

The weather here has been so fall-ish that I decided to start something seasonally appropriate after finishing up Winter Wonderland. So I dug through my stash and pulled out the October Word Play chart from With Thy Needle and Thread. 

This is stitched on 35ct. Abcedarian, which I am really liking, with GAST threads.  This is my progress after a few days work.  It would be great to get this finished in time to hang up for October so I've been working exclusively on this although I did pull out another WIPocolypse piece that happens to be seasonally appropriate as well. 


I decided my next WIP focus piece will be Nora Corbett's Halloween Fairy.  The regular stitching is pretty much complete but it's the specialty fibers and the beads that are left and not my most favorite of things to stitch.  I hope to give that piece some time tomorrow.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Lovely start :D

Deb said...

Lovely start and perfect for this time of year!

Joysze said...

Great start. :) Love the colors in this one.