August 10, 2014

Keeping me engaged..

While I may not have been using floss and a needle to occupy my time this summer, I have not been idle.  I've just been using different needles.

I started another pair of socks a while back and these photos are from the first sock.  I started them back in April and I have finished one and am working on the 2nd.  These are Escher Socks from Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn by Carol J. Sulcoski.

The pattern is a little fiddly so I try not to knit these when around others as it's easy to get distracted and off pattern. 

The yarn was gifted to me quite a few years ago and I'm happy to have had it in my stash.  It's a really pretty blue/green/purple combo from Jojoland.  Thanks Kathy!

They are going to be too small for me but I think I've found a home for them in a young lady entering 8th grade.

They have taken a back seat to a project I started at the beginning of July and hope to finish before the end of this month. 

It's the Lotus Blossom Tank from the Summer 2006 Interweave Knits magazine issue.  I fell in love with the top when I first saw it and attempted to start it back then but my skills just weren't up to it at the time.  Those pesky yarn overs had me stumped.

My skills have grown from knitting socks so I figured it was time to tackle this again and I'm really pleased with my progress.  I've completed the front and begun working on the back.  Hopefully, I will be showing you an FO in the near future.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Your knitting so pretty! I like looking at all your projects, not just cross stitch.

Blu said...

Your knitting looks very pretty! That tank is going to look incredible when finished.

Barb said...

I have never been a knitter but yours looks very pretty!

Brigitte said...

Wow, your knitting projects really look great. I love that Lotus Blossom Tank top very much, great summery colour.

P.J. said...

Beautiful handwork!

Anna van Schurman said...

Can't wait to see your finished top. The pattern is lovely.