August 19, 2014

Seasonal signs

It was 45 degrees when I got up this morning.  We've had a much cooler August that I ever remember with temps in the 70s and very few making it into the 80s.  It feels strange and it's got everyone worried it will be an early winter.  Even if I do managed to finish my Lotus Blossom tank by the end of the month, I think it might be too cool to wear it!

There are lots of these dropping all over the place and I'm really starting to see the leaves of the maples turning on my way to work.  Can I just say I'm not ready for that yet?

However, I am getting ready for my favorite fall holiday!  I picked this up on my way back from Cape Cod a few weeks ago in the hopes that it would get my stitching mojo going again.  I love Halloween stitching.  It didn't work immediately but last week I picked up a UFO and started stitching again. 

This is PS All Hallow's Eve where I left off the last time I was working on it (can't remember when that was!).

And here is where I am after some weekend stitching. Tonight I need to give my knitting some attention but this one is tempting me to keep going so it can be framed and ready for Halloween - this year!

On another note, some of us are a bit under the weather.  Beau had an emergency vet visit on Friday because he couldn't sit down and was carrying his tail like it was broken.  Turns out I'm the worst pet mom ever because he had several different issues going on that I was clueless about and required some medications and the dreaded collar to prevent him from further aggravating the hotspot on his tail. 

He looks so pitiful and I didn't last long with him making him wear the collar.  He's doing much better but I think his feelings are quite hurt at being made to look so embarrassing.

6 comments:

P.J. said...

Aww he looks so pitiful. :( glad he is on the mend. Nice little Halloween stitch. I am loving the mild, low humidity weather; but I am with you I hope this is not a sign of a harsh winter. Being hopefully it means a long beautiful Autumn. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yeah I didn't enjoy working up to single digit temps yesterday morning (Celsius)! Congrats on finding your mojo!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Poor Baby he looks pitiful. 45 degrees this morning--steamy hot here in the south temps in high 90's are humid as heck. I know fall is on the way but summer is definitely dominating today

Anna van Schurman said...

Don't feel too bad; dogs do their best to hide their weakness. It did feel cool in Maine when we were there and that's taking into account our horrible luck with the weather we always have! Hope your pup is better soon.

Brigitte said...

We have had the same wet and cool August over here but I don't mind, it's always better than hot and dry for me.
So nice that you found something to bring your stitching mojo back. And a PS piece is always worth it.

blue star stitcher said...

Hope Beau is doing better by now, he looks so sad in his cone of shame.