July 20, 2015

While I was on hiatus....

I finished this pair of socks:
I started another pair.  This is the first sock which is now finished and I'm at about the same point on the 2nd.
I went to the Maine Fiber Frolic and bought some yarn.  This is for me - I think for a shawlette.   It was dyed and spun by ontheround
This is for a gift.  Dirty Water Dye Works destined to be a zigzag cowl thing. Five mini skeins in gradations of blue.  My pictures are lousy because it was gloomy when I took them and I'm too lazy to retake them.  I love being able to buy local Maine yarns.
I fell off the stitching wagon again but I think I've climbed back on.  I started this in May as my May 2015 Smalls project.  I didn't finish it nor did I stitch one for June nor for July so far so this may end up as July's entry.  This is where I left it in May:
This is where it is as of yesterday after meeting Barbara in Belfast.  I think seeing her projects kick started my interest in picking up a tiny needle again.
Summer was slow in coming to Maine this year and we've only had a handful of truly warm days.  I hope there will be more before summer ends.  I hope you're enjoying your own version of summer.

6 comments:

Terri’s workinprogress said...

Washington state has been so hot this summer! I don't like it when it gets into the 90s.
Terri

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous..I love socks..the warmer the better lol

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the purple and green yarn! I hope that Maine has got summer in full swing by the time we drive up for our five days. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your black cat is so cute! But then I have one so I'm partial to black cats!

barbara said...

I had so much fun with you in Belfast. Please say we're doing it again in August!

Marie said...

Such gorgeous yarn and some very pretty socks!

Nice progress on your black cat.

Im just a few states away in VT where we had a few VERY hot and humid days this week. UGH!