January 1, 2012

Getting set up for an organized year

I hope you have had an enjoyable start to your new year.  We had gorgeous sunshine with temps at almost 50 which is really weird for January in Maine.  The pup and I took a really long walk, enjoying the gift the weather was as it's not likely to last for long!  It was already much colder when we went for our before dinner constitutional.

I had a fabulous day spent focusing on getting my office/craft room space organized for the new year.

The before pictures (including Beau's mess) of my messy desk area and the top of my workbench space.  I had left tons of clutter stack up rather than putting threads, leftover yarns and project sheets away.


 A messy desk top and pile of filing yet to be done....
 Dog toys and stuffing everywhere.....
 Bags of yarn needing to find an organized home....
 Piles of miscellaneous crafting supplies covering the work surface....


But some time well spent resulted in filed paperwork (I even shredded 2011 stuff) and a cleaned off desk and a worktable space I can actually use!  I think this improved office/craft room space will be much more conducive to creativity!
 A clean desk top....
 Filing put away....
 Yarn put away (except for two WIPs)
And a clean worktop space!


I hope you enjoyed your first day of this new year!  Tomorrow I will share the last of my 2011 stitching and my UFO stitching progress from today.

2 comments:

cathymk said...

That's exactly what I did with my first day of the year - tidy up my workspace and find all my WIPs - felt so good to have an organised space again!

Happy new year!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's a great way to start your year. I did clean off my crafting table just not the rest of the room. You were more ambitious than I.

Happy New Year.