March 30, 2013

52 Weeks of Happy - Week 13

My week's happy things (probably horrible English usage) started with the return of season 4 of The Voice on Monday.  I wasn't sure how I would like the two new judges, Usher and Shakira, but I think they are great additions and the banter back and forth between the judges was very funny.


Tuesday brought a great new book release.  I have been a fan of JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series for quite a while and on Tuesday, her latest was released.  I borrowed the image from Amazon because I have this on my Kindle which is the old B&W version and I couldn't get a good image.  The main romantic story line was about two guys and I think the author did a really great job of writing their love story that made for a very compelling read.  I love this series and the writing quality has stayed consistent through this book which I think is #11 - hard to say for most authors.  I hope she will continue to move forward with the storylines as there was a sense of more to come.

Next up is knitting related.  I had been planning to start a new knit project as I mentioned in previous posts but when I went into my craft room to put together a project bag, I came across two UFO sock projects, one of which was this sock that was supposed to be a gift for my sister's birthday - last March.  I have picked it up and it has made me happy to work on it this week.
And finally, a wonderful dinner with some girlfriends.  I of course forgot to pull out my camera but the company, the food and the libations were a really happy way to end a busy week.  I'm sharing a photo of where we ate from the restaurants website.  I can recommend going to anyone in the area!

I hope you had some happy events in your week this week.  I still need to post my WIPocolypse update which I will do separately tomorrow. 

No comments: