There's been some bad knitting mojo going around lately resulting in some finishes that didn't turn out quite as planned and some reverse knitting. Last night the bad knitting mojo turned up at my house when I decided that after almost two cable repeats it was safe to try on my sock and see how it was fitting with the cabling. Well guess what? I couldn't get it over my heel because the instep was too tightly knit. Mind you the pattern calls for knitting it on 0 or 00 or even 000 dpns. I knit mine using 1s which is what I got guage with. Major angst ensued as I sat and contemplated all I had accomplished..... and what it meant.
So on my lunch hour today, this sock on the left has become this sock on the right. I ripped back to just before the start of the first cable. I tried it on when I got home and I can now slide it on completely. I have been considering putting it aside and casting on something new but I've decided to hang in there and start the leg again with #2s. But first I'm going to put in a lifeline in case I need to go up another needle size. Ugh, all that time lost. At this rate these socks will never be done!
I sure hope the bad knitting mojo moves on to someone else's house. Although I really don't wish it on anyone personally. By the way, the snow plow just went by. :0(