May 6, 2008

It's that time again....

I've once again signed up for the SOS or Summer of Socks 2008. Last year was pretty dismal but I have hopes that I will have much more to show by the time September 1st rolls around. I will need to kick it into high gear to finish these before the official start date as they won't count towards my total for most socks contest. I don't have high expectations to win that category but I intend to set a personal goal of at least three pairs this summer. I'm trying to get all of my house related chores done before summer starts so I can just sit out on the porch and drink sweet tea and knit socks. Gotta give the neighbors something to talk about right?



Speaking of getting things done, Sunday was UFO Sunday so I picked up my CHS Alphabet project. I didn't get a whole lot done but some progress is better than none. I also worked on finishing an exchange that's due to be mailed out by 5/30 and started my first ever Fair and Square exchange pieces. I'm off to work on those right now.

3 comments:

Brigitte said...

Sitting out on the porch and knit sounds very good. Enjoy it!

Your CHS Alphabet looks gorgeous! I love CHS, too, but I have her HoHRH as one of my WIPs. Don't know when I will continue stitching on it ...

Britt

mainely stitching said...

Good luck with this summer's sock challenge! I checked a kids' how-to knitting book out of the library the other day and feel very hopeful about it ... now to find the time to actually OPEN the book and give it a go!

staci said...

Love your sock! And CHS looks wonderful!