Well, I've been mulling over what to do about my Waterlilies Cherry situation. Yesterday, I dug through all of my specialty threads and fabric to see if I could come up with either a better fabric choice or a different thread option. I just happened to find that I had two SNC Shepherd's Moon skeins and did the old floss toss.
The top fabric is the original 28 ct. cashel I bought when I ordered the Waterlilies and the bottom, darker fabric is a 28 ct. R&R fabric I had in my stash. I think it's called light mocha or light cappuccino. I've already lost the fabric tag and it was just yesterday! While a large part of the appeal of the project was seeing it in the Cherry colorway, I'm really thinking of using the Shepherd's Moon and the darker fabric. The contrast won't be as great but I think it would be really pretty and subtle. I'm probably going to sit down this afternoon and put in the basting lines for the project and just start stitching.
While I've been mulling over what to do on the stitching front, I've been working on my quilt. Last Sunday I went to the quilt shop an hour before it opened and the wonderful and talented Donna helped me get the binding sewn on. I was so thrilled to finally cut off all of the excess fabric and hit the home stretch in finishing this project. Thursday night I took it to SnB and started hand sewing the binding. I worked on it a little bit this morning and I'm almost finished with one side. I think I will pick this up whenever I can't decide what to work on and little by little it will get done. My goal is to have all the binding done by May 31st. I think I'm more in love with my backing fabric than the front! LOL I just love how that little rim of black sets it off. It's much prettier than in the photo but I just couldn't seem to get a nice crisp picture. I will try again when we get some sunshine.