January 12, 2010

Easy Access

First off, many thanks to Nicole who was kind enough to help me out with some confusing symbols on my CAHRH piece. I will have an update on that piece for you tomorrow after I make a little more progress on it this evening.


I was looking at my JCS Ornament issues, thinking I should be stitching an ornament when I got the rather brilliant idea to take all of my issues to Staples and have them spiral bound to make it easier to lay them flat for stitching. I have 8 issues so I had them bound two at a time chronologically. I'm really thrilled with how they turned out. There is a clear plastic cover on the front and a sturdier piece of card stock on the back so they should be fairly protected from wear and tear. And now it's so much easier to lay the magazine on my lap to stitch from. That is it would be if I were stitching an ornament. I will get to that, hopefully sometime this month but my idea will make it that much easier once I get around to an ornament. The girl who quoted me a price actually got it wrong and all four of these cost $27 but I think in the long run, it will be money well spent.

5 comments:

Casa Pearl said...

Well the girl quoted $14 so when I picked them up the next day and it was $27 it was a little bit of a surprise. But worth it! Maybe I should have checked that the $27 wasn't the wrong price now that I think about it! LOL

Anonymous said...

I might have to steal that idea! I always balance my magazine on the arm of the sofa and it falls off more often than I can say.

Rachel said...

That really was a brilliant idea Patti! Now get to stitchin' those ornies! LOL

Cindy said...

That is an awesome idea! I just might have to do that with mine.

Brigitte said...

Now, that's a great idea. I have always made a working copy of the ornament I wanted to stitch in the respective issue. But what you do is by far better.