September 11, 2010

A birthday treasure


Is this not one of the cutest little stitching treasures you have ever seen? My sister gave it to me for my birthday this year. She found it at a client's house when she went to deliver some chairs. She said the lady had the most unbelievable collection of sewing related items she has ever seen and when she mentioned that I had started collecting things too, the lady sold her this little bird. My sister put in the scissors and I put on the thimble but the spools of thread came with the bird. The little puff on his back is for needles. You see it displayed with some of the other sewing treasures I was gifted with but I will save the details on those for later.
I would guess that maybe this was a homemade gift for another sewer but who knows. I just think it is so enchanting.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

That is so cute! Next time you are at your sisters give me a call. I think we have a ton of catching up to do. Hope all is well... Nancy

mainely stitching said...

It's absolutely charming!!

mainely stitching said...

Um, but when was your birthday??