September 8, 2010

It's raining acorns... and stash!

It's the time of year when all of the acorns begin to fall from the trees. As you can see from the photo above, they come in all shapes, sizes and colors. When some of the big ones hit you, they can really hurt. I've been collecting them on my walks with the dog and plan to display them in either some glass jars or bowls for the next few months. I love the shapes, colors and textures of acorns. I think they are a much better by product of the oak trees than the leaves that will soon begin to fall in earnest and require raking and bagging.

In addition to raining acorns, it's been raining stash around here as a result of my "retail therapy" to try and distract me from my life these days and the clearance sale that ABC Stitch Therapy has been having. They bought the inventory of a shop that went out of business and have been marking the prices off to get rid of it. I have bought waaaay too much that will be coming in a few more lots but here's what I purchased the first time:
Blue Ribbon Designs Winter White Woodland, Autumn Leaves and Sunflower Seeds and Hugs and Kisses
Primitive Traditions Abigail Colby's Work Basket Accessories, PS December and June
And finally Trilogy's Summer Tree, BBD Loose Feathers #33 Keepsake Box and Pinkeep, My Heart is True, Loose Feathers #38 Summer Basket, Loose Feathers #35 Peacock Pinkeep and PS November which ended up being a duplicate and will be included in my upcoming blog giveaway.

Aye yay yay when do I ever think I'm going to stitch all this???? I'm a bit embarrassed at all I have purchased this past month. I truly need to go on a stash diet for at least another year but there are the remainder of the BBD Anniversaries of the Heart charts and the upcoming market stash that's sure to tempt me. Gotta go get me some will power!

1 comment:

riona said...

Love the acorns and like the idea of displaying them.

As to will power: I have imposrd a limit on myself of only five chart purchases this year and have bought three so far. What keeps me honest is going through the two full drawers of charts in my stitching center ... charts I really want to stitch. I still add new titles to my Wish List sidebar on my blog but find that after a month or two, I can delete them without regret.