June 20, 2007

Back from the deep end

Real life has taken quite the turn lately so my blogging has been very sporadic. I've been busy working on things but just haven't had the time to take photos and sit down and document my progress.


Here is my latest progress on my Stitcher's Wallet. I didn't get much time to work in it on Friday so I did a bit on Saturday morning. I had to frog a bit on the letter A so part of my time was spent ripping out and redoing. It's nice to be working with more colors than just the blahish browns from the first panel.



Most all of my time this week has been spent working on my Summer Tunic piece. I've spent quite a few hours at the hosptial with a close friend whose cancer has come back. He had not seen a doctor in over 2 years so the cancer has had a lot of time to grow and did. But the doctor has given him a 95% cure prognosis so I'm very hopeful this will be behind him by the end of the summer. He is out of the hospital and may even return to work this week. You can bet he will never again go without seeing a doctor on a regular basis. Many of us had been bugging him to go for about 6 months but for some reason (I think he knew) he just didn't make the appointment - he was too busy. Please encourage anyone in your life - especially men - not to put off seeing a physician at least once a year - even if they are healthy. Early diagnosis is the best treatment hope for any disease but most especially cancer.

I am three inches above the ribbing at this point and have 8 more inches of mindless stockinette work. My goal is to be done with this project by July 1 but I think it might take me a bit longer as Summer of Socks 2007 starts tomorrow and I'm really excited about my first project for this KAL. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

mainely stitching said...

Fingers and toes crossed for your friend, Patti!