August 2, 2008

Drew, you are my hero!


My BIL Andrew is a 7 year Hodgkins survivor. This morning he started his 7th Pan Mass Challenge ride to raise money for The Jimmy Fund/Dana Farber Cancer Center. He is my hero. While undergoing treatment, a good friend who had been riding the challenge in honor of his sister, inspired Andy to set this as a personal goal to focus on during treatments. He vowed he would be well enough to ride the next year and he has been riding ever since. Sometimes it's hard to remember those many months of treatments and how scared we were and other days it's like yesterday. I am so proud of his fund raising efforts on behalf of The Jimmy Fund and cancer awareness. 100% of the funding raised in this two day bike ride goes directly to cancer research. Feel free to donate through the PMC's site! The goal this year is to raise $34 million.


I was able to see you on TV this morning Pecos as you started off. I wish I were there to cheer you on in person! I love you, Rosie.

No comments: