August 3, 2008

One last birthday gift

I have one last birthday gift to share - this magnificent bouquet was given to me by one of my bosses and I brought it home to enjoy over the weekend. Isn't it lovely? There is also a magnificent lily on the other side and the whole thing smells delicious. Whatever the green things are hanging down on either side of the vase make me think of the memorial urns sometimes shown in memorial samplers don't you think? LOL

I've also managed to get quite a bit more done on this little Halloween chart. In fact, I think I will be able to show you the finished piece tomorrow as I've made a lot more progress since I took this photo yesterday afternoon. We've had really rainy weather for most of the weekend so I've been doing a lot of reading and stitching.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

This is really a reat bouquet, Patti. I hope the flowers will last still a couple of days.

Your Halloween project is coming along great. Nearly done.

Rachel said...

Beautiful flowers! I wonder what those green things are - they're really cool looking. Your Halloween piece looks like fun - time for me to pull one of those out too!