May 2, 2011

A new start and some UFO stitching

Saturday night I started Just Nan's Bird Alphabet which I picked up at Celebrations.  Once I started, I had a hard time putting it down.  I'd forgotten how fast stitching letters can go.  I love the color combination in this piece and can't wait to get it finished.  I'm not sure if I will get it framed or turn it into a flat fold but I will not let it languish in the drawer whatever I decide.


JN Bird Alphabet

Sunday was the first Sunday UFO stitching date so I forced myself to put down the JN piece and pick up my C@HRH piece which has been languishing in the stitching bag since February.  I added the word "repeat" and the second crown on the left and then started in on the peacock.  My goal is to get this block completed by the end of the month. 

CHS Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow 

I had hoped to pick up the Bird Alphabet piece but I'm tired so its off to bed for me.  Hope you had a good weekend and Monday - only four more work days to go!

3 comments:

Laura said...

The colors in the JN piece are beautiful!

barbara said...

I'm not a JN fan, but I have to admit that I've really liked this design ever since I first saw it. Looking forward to watching you work on it! :D

Nancy said...

I started the Lizzie Kate Now & Then from Celebrations but after seeing your JN I am going to have to dig mine out and stitch it also! Great job....Nancy