November 2, 2014

Winter has arrived

This is the current view out of my office/craft space window unfortunately.  It won't stick but it still has a psychological impact.
It's a good thing my knitting needles have been busy.  About a month ago, I visited Casco Bay Fibers in Freeport for the first time to look for some yarn for a hat one of my nieces requested.  I found a beautiful gray in Cascade 128 but also fell in love with this tealy-green yarn from Skacel called Simplinatural by HiKoo. 

The shop had a sample Lowbrow Hat and Cowl made up and I made the mistake of feeling and trying it on.  I didn't realize the price per skein until I hit the counter but by that time, I was sold.  This was a great yarn to work with and the two pieces are cozy and perfect for the weather.


Just yesterday afternoon, I finished the cowl to match the hat I completed earlier.  And the cable knit hat I made for my niece didn't take the second skein I thought it would so I knit one for myself for dog walking.
I hope you remembered to set your clocks back an hour.  I'm going to take advantage of the extra hour to do some cross stitching which as been in very short supply around here lately.


3 comments:

Barb said...

Great knitting with lovely yarn! Stay warm!

Laura said...

So sorry about your snow! My daylilies, cannas and marigolds are still blooming here, but not for long.

Thanks for posting your knitting progress. You are becoming an expert!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Normally I would say TN gets very little snow however. . . Mt LeConte got 22" on Friday!

Aren't we glad we have indoor projects to keep our hands busy