November 9, 2005

Wonderful Exchange from Aniza

Yippee! I picked up my Sampler House exchange piece from Aniza today at the post office. I have a funny story to tell (now it's funny) in addition to sharing photos of her wonderful work. I left work a bit early yesterday to go grocery shopping to make myself a nice dinner. I planned to try a new recipe and purchased a bottle of wine to go with my dinner as a treat. I did my shopping and came home and dropped the bag in the kitchen. I then went immediately to the porch to check my mail as has been my habit these days. I found a slip from the PO saying I had a package and I just new it had to be my sampler piece. I went to put the slip in my purse so I could run to the PO on my lunch hour today and guess what? No purse! Yep, you can imagine my panic. I can't believe I did this but I left my purse sitting in the shopping cart in the parking lot at the grocery store. Yikes! I went racing back to the store and customer service and they were just getting ready to call me. A kind citizen had turned my purse in, fully intact! LOL So whenever I used Aniza's wonderful piece, I will get a chuckle about my adventure!

Tonight I cooked that wonderful dinner I had planned for last night - I was too frazzled to attempt a new recipe then - and had glass of wine and admired my needle/thread keeper from Aniza. She also sent a lovely Old Willow thread and some really beautiful batick fabric in purples and greens which I don't think my photos truly show off correctly. Without further ado, here is my wonderful exchange from Aniza! Thank you again Aniza - it was soooo worth the wait.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

That is lovely!!! Aniza is such a talented stitcher!! I am sure at the time you were freaked. It is nice to know there are honest people, and that you got your purse and contents back!!

Nicki said...

It's lovely! Such a cute house. Glad you got your purse back intact too :-)

JariJari said...

Glad to hear you got yr purse intact. To compare your work with mine, I still have a long journey to go...but I'm happy to hear you really like my needlebook.

mainely stitching said...

See, there are real advantages to living in Maine! :-) I'm glad you got your purse back intact.

Your exchange piece is gorgeous. Love the color choices.

I've also been enjoying your over-one stitching, which is something I also enjoy.

Kitty Couture said...

Sooooo lovely! What a delightful exchange :)

Monsoon said...

I love Aniza...She sent me my fall exchange and I was floored...I am tempted to just follow her around the SBEBB just to up my chances of getting her as an exchange partner hehe.

Chiara said...

You lucky thing to have back your purse!!! Aniza work is really lovely!!

Lelia said...

What an adventure with a nice ending. Beautiful exchange project!