January 8, 2006
Stitched Gifts are the Best!
This is a photo of the wonderful box I got from my friend Nancy. She made a sweetbag using the Blackbird Designs Trix or Treats book which I absolutely love! I love getting stitched gifts and Nancy's are always so wonderfully stitched. She also included a great smelling candle, a small travel diary and a beautiful linen towel with the heart in hand motif that goes perfectly in my kitchen.
I unfortunately didn't manage to make anyone a stitched gift this year and had to resort to purchased presents. I'm going to blame it on my obsession with finishing my UFO but I do hope to be better with stitching presents in 2006.
I have been thinking over whether or not I want to set stitching goals for this year and have decided to set a few:
1. Finish at least two more things from my UFO pile.
2. Finish my CHS Alphabet series.
3. Complete the finishing of all the pieces of the With My Needle sewing case and accessories.
4. Stitch exclusively from my stash as much as possible.
5. Learn how to do hardanger.
That's it for right now. I may set some individual monthly goals and think about a rotation system but for right now I'm going to focus on completing two exchange pieces and picking up my CHS alphabet SAL with Vivian.