August 21, 2006

Halloween Happy Dance - Sort of

I had a lovely day stitching with Sandy yesterday. She arrived around 11am - her friend Lisa decided to beat the traffic and leave early - and we stitched until about 3 pm with a break for pizza. She had tucked a dog cookie treat into the front pocket of her stitching bag and before she could even get it out, Cowboy had pulled it from the pocket and was ready to chomp away!

After Sandy left, I took Cowboy for a walk and then came back and finished up my HIH Halloween Medley. Unfortunately, the press cloth I used must have been too damp in one area so the WDW Hazelnut ran a bit at the bottom left corner. I'm not sure what to do at this point. The picture is a really bad one. I had a hard time getting the whole piece into the frame and the lighting was obviously not that great. I will try and get a better picture tomorrow.

I also managed to do the finishing on my redwork piece. I had to rip out two different times but I think it looks pretty good considering my sewing skills. I can't wait to post pictures but it won't get sent out for a bit. I need a few more things to add to the package. And this morning I put the first few stitches into my autumn exchange piece. I am hoping this goes quickly as it's not that big. I'm really trying hard to get everything done before the deadlines.

I have Aniza's birthday exchange gift almost completed. Just have to complete my finishing and it will be ready to go. Hopefully I can get this off in the mail next week as it has a long way to go!

6 comments:

Sue said...

I love your Halloween Medley. Were you able to get the Hazelnut out of the fabric?

Barbara said...

I love your Halloween project! :)

Kali said...

Love your Halloween Medley. Hope you're able to get the colour that ran out of the fabirc.

Anna van Schurman said...

The thing to do for dyes that have run is to put the project into cold water. Change the water regularly. Eventually, it will come out.

This happened to me with a bright pink ST. Since it was summer in Los Angeles, I put the project in a water bath in the refrigerator. I changed the water twice a day. I think it took a week, but all the dye came out.

The Queen's Stitch said...

Congrats on the finish! Now to just get out the run - aargh. I can imagine how frustrating that is!

Thank you for a lovely afternoon of stitching. I just realized we didn't eat the brownies! Noooooo...

Sandy

catandturtle said...

Patti, Halloween Medley looks so cute. Awesome job! I have do start on that one soon too. Halloween is my favorite season to stitch so or course, I have been buying too many to get stitched for this years Halloween but that is one I would like to finish. Ann.