August 1, 2006

Another Heavenly Day

Thank you everyone for your kind birthday wishes - I had a fantastic day. I went to meet Sandy of The Queen's Stitch and we had a great lunch at a place called Pineland and then went back to Sandy's house to stitch. I think I've finally found someone with more stash than me and what incredible stitching Sandy does! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting her and I'm looking forward to getting together again. We're going to plan a trip to Camden to check out the cross stitch shop up there in the fall. Sandy surprised me with a lovely birthday gift - an adorable Lang coffee mug with a cute pup on it, my first Little House Needleworks chart "Dog House Sampler" and the threads and fabric to go with it. I can't wait to start this adorable design. Thank you again Sandy!

Then when I got home, Jo's SBEBB birthday exchange gift was waiting for me and it is just gorgeous. Jo stitched me one of the pocket purses I've admired so much - I think the designer is Hands to Work? It is beautiful and she included a great Quaker note pad, some lovely new WDW floss and a piece of the wonderful Blackbird Designs sampler fabric that I've been trying to find up here.

My friends D&D took me out to dinner for my birthday which was really nice. All in all, it was a stellar start to another year of fun and adventure. Thank you everyone for helping me celebrate!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations on your great day!!!! I got a cute giftie from Jo too - it is in her blog, but I will also try to post it in mine tonight. Sounds like you had great fun!!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday and it sounds like you had a great one!

Nicki said...

Oh what a gorgeous bag!! Well done Jo and happy birthday (again!) to you :)

The Queen's Stitch said...

I'm glad I got to share your birthday with you. I had a nice time and hope we can get together again soon. Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Sandy

Sharon said...

what lovely birthday presents! I love the bag.