August 7, 2006

Vacation Comes to an End


Today was my last day of vacation and it's back to the work grind tomorrow. This is a picture of all the girls on the beach on Saturday at the outer beach of Nauset. Three of these lovely bathing beauties are my nieces and the rest are friends. We had a fantastic time on the Cape and I was sorry to leave.

On Thursday I went to my sister's and on the way stopped off at Colonial Needleworks. I was only going to buy some fabric and threads but as usual I came home with a bit more. Every time I visit this great shop in Bedford, NH, I find something I can't do without. Sue has an awesome collection that just gets better and better. It is definitely worth a trip or stop if you are in the area. Sue helped me find some NPI silks to substitute for the Gloriana Petite Perles called for in my M Designs Floral Sampler. I also ordered a piece of the Moonglow linen by Picture This Plus and can't wait to start it. I also couldn't resist the Heart of Gold design by Blue Ribbon Designs. I picked up a piece of 40ct Cream linen and the Crescent Colours threads called for in the design. As soon as I finish my redwork exchange piece, I plan to start this one!

I also picked up some WDW colors I needed for the BOAF Spring and Summer Garden pieces, HIH's Autumn Medley and a fantastic chart by Annemiek Konig of The Needle's Content. I bought Sampler Pillow Cover but I'm not sure yet if I will do it in the colors it calls for.

This has to be it for me until the end of September when I go to CATS! All in all I had a great week of vacation!

7 comments:

Joanie said...

WHoo! Great stash purchases! Love everything you brought home.

The picture of your nieces and their friends was adorable. Glad you had a wonderful time at the Cape.

I'm jealous. It's been YEARS since I was at the ocean.

catandturtle said...

Well, we definitely have similar tastes in cross stitch. :D I finished the piece from Needle's Content and it is so cool. I did it in the colors called for but if I had to do it again I would change them. I did a brown fabric and the colors don't show up as much as I would have liked. It is such a neat pattern and I recently found fabric to go with it. I also just bought HIHs Autumn Medley recently and have Halloween medley in my stash to start. The only thing I don't have yet is the buttons for AM. I can't wait to see the Floral Sampler, that pattern is so stunning. I am glad you had a great vacation! Ann.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice vacation and that you're so happy with your new stash. Sorry you have to get back to the world of work :(

Carol said...

Welcome home! Sue was telling me all about your visit - she wishes she had realized it was you earlier in the visit... but she loved seeing you! Great stash you got there, and I am glad you were able to order that Moonglow linen :-)

Sasha Farina said...

what a wonderful picture!

Michelle said...

Great stash! That Moonglow fabric sounds luscious! Glad you had a fabulous vacation.

The Queen's Stitch said...

The girls are so cute! They look like they had a great time.

I love the colors in everything that you bought. I will have to content myself with stash diving for now, rather than stash buying! : )

Sandy