July 2, 2007

June Recap

Well, I can't believe it's July already but I guess I'll have to just get used to it! I don't usually do a recap but I thought I would do so for my own organizational process.
Summer Reading Challenge
I finished two of the 10 books on my list, The Road by Cormac McCarthy and Silent Spring by Rachel Carson. Up next is As I lay Dying by William Faulkner which will be my first book for the Southern Readers Challenge. I'm a bit behind as I'd hoped to have started that in June but there's been a lot more knitting than reading or stitching going on at Casa Pearl these days.



Summertime Tunic KAL
Well, I've finally managed to get past the endless 12 inches of stockinette above the ribbing and have begun to work on the back - I've got a little bit more than 1/2 an inch done of the 4.5 I have to do. I had hoped to be done this by July 1 but that darn stockinette was endless.

Summer Of Socks 2007
I've just started the increase rounds for the heel so I'm almost 1/2 way through the first sock. As you can see in the photo, the pooling has finally changed from an all vertical line to more of a horizontal one. I'm moving slowly along - the pattern part requires all of my concentration.


I've decided not to get to angsty over how slow the projects are going and just enjoy the process - both of reading and knitting.


Stitchers Wallet SAL
I worked on this on Friday but unfortunately it doesn't look like much because I had to rip out a fair amount. I had started the K and ended up having to rip out the right side bird as it was going to prevent me from fully stitching the K. Then I got about 2/3 of the way done with the K and realized that it was much higher than I thought and would bother me if I left it that way so I ripped it out. Unfortunatley, my initials contain two very wide letters, the A and the K so it's been a challenge to fit them correctly. I will have to move the right side bird over more than the chart called for but I think it will still look fine.

1 comment:

mainely stitching said...

As I Lay Dying is amazing. I'm going upstairs to see if I still have my copy!

Your knitting looks great - and the enjoyment is in the doing, I agree. :)