April 24, 2008

What a difference a dye lot can make











I recently purchased a skein of Caron Waterlilies at my relatively local LNS (they only had one skein) because I really want to stitch the project on Temus Fugit's blog. After reading the project directions, I realized I would probably need two skeins so I ordered my fabric (28 ct. Light Mocha Cashel) from ABC Stitch Therapy (my online go to these days) and two additional skeins of Waterlilies Cherry.

Well, my extra skeins arrived today and boy are the two dye lots totally different. The two skeins on the right are the ones I received today. I really don't care for them, I wanted my project to have the look of the skein on the left. The two on the right are much darker and some sections even have a bluish tint to them. Sigh....what are the chances of finding the same dye lot again? Slim right? If anyone out there has Caron Waterlilies Cherry in dye lot # CS101910 - I will gladly and gratefully buy it from you. I am quite disappointed and not sure what I will do - maybe choose another color to use for the project?



2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I'd go with another color if I were you, rather than hope to match dyelots. I've had this, too, and it is FRUSTRATING!!

Aussie Stitcher said...

What a bummer, good luck with your search, I don't have any unfortunately.