April 23, 2008

Braving the Blanket Stitch

Well, I took a deep breath and started putting in the blanket stitched flowers this morning. I got the first one done before I left for work and finished the rest up this evening. Once I got over trying to make them "perfect" they went quickly and were fun to complete. They really add a pop to the piece I think. I have the eyelets to do yet on the bottom four flowers and then it will be on to the chain stitching for the basket. Sorry the photos are lousy - no zoom capabilities.



I've actually had quite a surge of stitching mojo this week. I had been mainly knitting and working only on a birthday exchange - Happy Birthday Ilse - but picking up this BBD piece has been good. I also started and finished the front of an exchange piece and plan to start the back tomorrow. Maybe I will actually mail an exchange out early!

Only two more days until the weekend - hope you're having a great week and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

cathymk said...

The blanket stitch flowers look fabulous! Lovely work indeed!

Linda K's Creativity Works said...

That is really neat....I love the colors in that. You are doing a very wonderful job on that. Keep it up girl...

Take care & Happy Stitching

Lee said...

Great job on the blanket stitch flowers! That stitch really makes them stand out. Your work looks wonderful.

Barbara said...

Great job, Patti!!

Zololkis said...

See Please Here