April 26, 2008

Exchange Received



I found out that an exchange I sent out for a birthday has been received in Germany this week.
The recipient loves butterflies and lavender so I used two colors of purple hand dyed cotton to stitch this butterfly pattern from My Aunt's Attic. It came out MUCH larger than I had anticipated - I guessed quite wrongly that the piece of fabric I found in my stash was 32ct. Ummm... I don't think so! I also had to rip out the last butterfly twice because the wings weren't matching up. I didn't stitch the design exactly as charted and I'm quite happy with how it finally turned out. I was glad to send this one off in the mail.
Here is a photo of the fabric on the back of the cube. I thought it was really pretty.

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

That's gorgeous, Patti! I love the design and the colors, and your backing fabric is perfect.

Sonda said...

The butterflies are great. I really like the purples. I have this pattern in mind for my mom as she loves butterflies.