Yesterday I finished my BBD piece including putting on the antique buttons. I'm not sure if you can see it in the photo but the middle button has a flower petal carving around the edge which I thought went quite well with the design. As you can see, my chain stitch is definitely on the "whimsical side. I tried three times to get the left handle to match the right and just gave up!
I think it came out really cute. I'm not sure if I will use the same fabric for the back or regular fabric. I'm going to have to take it to Joann Fabrics to pick out some ribbon because I couldn't find anything in my stash that suited the piece.
Now that this piece is done, I've picked up my Papillon Mystery Sampler and managed to finish part two and put the beads on for parts one and two. I will show you a photo of that tomorrow. I hope to start part three this week as once I have it in my hands, it seems to work up quickly. I'm really enjoying all the different specialty stitches the piece calls for.