My day of finishing was quite successful. This is a picture of Goode Huswife's Pennsylvania Peacock Sampler which I had finished stitching back at the beginning of the year. I used a piece of fabric in my stash for the backing and the loop is a bit of twine that I had to dig in the basement for. I didn't have a ribbon color or texture that I thought was suitably simple/vintage looking so I used the twine. It's not as centered as I'd like but it works. I've hung this piece on a 12 paned glass door that goes to my 2nd floor and it looks great.
I also finished the bag construction of my sweetbag exchange but I'm stalled at making the cording and tassels. I'm going to get my friend Nancy to help me with the cording later this week. Having two people for the project should result in better cording as mine never seems tight enough when I do it on my own. I may try my hand at making the tassels today - I've never made them before. I also finished a needle case and I took a picture of my sewing area after but I will save that for another day. Let's just say I need to be a better project planner. It came out okay but there's lots of room for improvement!
I got my exchange partner for the Legacy Sampler House II exchange and I'm excited because it's someone I'm a little familiar with. I'm off to snoop around her blog and album to get an idea of her tastes and make sure I don't duplicate anything she may have already. Then I must choose and begin stitching a piece because the mail date is October 17th.