March 30, 2007

Time to Start Thinking About Summer

These are the two tank projects I'm eager to get started on. The one on the left is from last summer's Interweave Knits issue and the one on the right is from the color issue of Knit.1. If my tank turns out well, I would really like to sew a skirt using the pattern shown. I'm doing the Interweave Knits tank in the Bamboo yarn called for and for the other I bought some Lion Brand cotton yarn.

Today's mail also brought the Spring/Summer issue of Vogue Knitting. I just quickly paged through it but I can't say as there were a lot of projects that jumped out at me as "must knits". Somehow I just can't see myself walking into work (or anywhere in my town) in the dress on the cover even though I think it's a pretty combination of lace knitting. What do you think?

I drove down to my sister's tonight because I'm going to Nancy's tomorrow for a stitch in and I'm really looking forward to seeing her. It's been waaaay to long. I brought my camera so hopefully I will remember to actually use it! And I hope to get down to Ewe'll Love It to get my cable needles and possibly this book.

2 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Lovely new projects, Patti! I didn't know you sewed, as well! Wow! :)
Have a lovely weekend.

lobstah said...

I'm ready to start a cotton cardi but first I'm trying to finish up the wool one I've been working on. Really dragging my feet on that!
I love the lace dress from Vogue Knitting but agree with you--I can't picture wearing such a thing in real life.