October 22, 2005

Back from the wilds of Maine

Thursday afternoon I traveled to Bangor which is about 3 hours north from where I live in the southern part of the state. I was attending a professional meeting of administrative secretaries that support senior level hospital officials from all over the state. Bangor is now the farthest north I've traveled in the state but there is still more above that - for probably another three hours! I must say it is out there but... it has a mall! I was misinformed by whoever told me the Maine Mall is the only one in the state. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to shop or see much of the city, but I really enjoyed the meeting and I met some more wonderful Mainers. I will definitely travel back to Bangor to explore some more.

As a result of these travels, I didn't have any stitching time so no progress to report since my last post. To answer some questions, I am stitching my CHS alphabets on one piece of fabric which is 13.5 inches wide and 15.5 inches tall. That includes 2 inches on either side for framing. Leila asked what size the boxes are and they are a miniscule 1 1/8 inches tall by 1 5/8 inches wide. I truly appreciate the kind comments about my work.

I'm off to a Halloween party in NH today so there probably won't be any stitching for me until tomorrow when I get home. I'm going to be a hunter - a last minute scramble decision as the party is a week earlier than I had thought! I may have some costume pictures when I get back....

No comments: