October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

For the first time in a long while, I live in an older neighborhood that is very conducive to trick or treating. I have had quite a few visitors tonight but many have commented that there are not as many kids out as usual. It's pretty warm out so I'm surprised. Ah well, I didn't buy any really fattening candy this year and whatever remains will go to work with me tomorrow.

As a result of the jumping up and down, I haven't attempted to stitch anything at this point. But I will share a picture of my Halloween sweetbag from the exchange I did on Legacy. It went to Colorado. The photo isn't the greatest but I think you can get the idea!

Tonight I hope to put the first stitches in on my SBEBB Christmas Ornament. I changed my mind on what I wanted to stitch so last night I sat down with the JCS ornament issues and found a new one. I am much happier with my choice and I hope the recipient will be too! Tonight after work I cut a piece of fabric and pulled the threads so I'm ready to go! But first I have to go answer the door a few more times......

4 comments:

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanie said...

Happy Halloweenie!

Thank you for the nice comments on my blog. You'll never know how much they meant to me!

I love the sweetbag you made for the Legacy exchange. Can you tell me how you added the cording? It's too wonderful!

Enjoy your trick or treaters, we don't get any living in the sticks. I miss the kids, when we lived in a *neighborhood* I loved to open the door to be *scared*.

Your post about the Christmas ornament reminded me to get busy!
I've got to get into overdrive with my ornament and the other exchanges too, now that I think life will settle down a bit. That's good cause I need a break!

BeckySC said...

Hi Patti :)
That'a an adorable piece :) I love what you did with it!
Thanks for sharing :)

Danielle said...

I love your sweetbag. I really like this design! I also changed my mind on my ornament! I just started stitching the new one this week. I wonder what my chances of finishing it (stitching at least) this weekend!!!