October 4, 2005

In The Pink



This was waiting for me in the mailbox tonight - yippee! It's the next installment in the Essy's Friends from Lois at Elegant Stitch. It is the most adorable mermaid and everything you need to make this into a little pin. I'm excited because this is finished with the ribbon and pin trim that I have been seeing on many blogs and boards but have never attempted. Hopefully it will go easier than my cording! I am now two behind on these little kits but they are quick to do up if the first one is anything to go by. Elegant Stitch really does the most fabulous job in putting them together and they are so worthwhile when it's supporting a good cause. It's just like Christmas to get a package from them!

In actual stitching news, I discovered I was off on the back of my sampler house exchange piece so I will be frogging a small section before I can continue. I just have the bottom of the "frame" to complete and then it's time to decide what to stitch. I think I've decided on that, at least in my head, but I want to get it onto paper to see how it will fit inside the frame. Hope you're stitching is going well and thanks to all those who left kind words about my cording.

I was also notified from here that I've been chosen to read and review another book this month. I've now been chosen twice for at least one of my choices. I will be reading a book called Alligators, Old Mink and Money. Sounds interesting doesn't it? I will let you know!

4 comments:

Joanie said...

Thanks for the comment about my Quaker RR..I'll send it to you if you want to stitch a motif or 2 on it when it comes home. There's going to be room and I would be honored if you would..what do you say?

I love your stash haul, especially the Essy pieces. I loved the little pin with the bee and the mermaid one too. I wish I had signed up for them now. Oh well, I have TONS of stash to stitch...

Danielle said...

That is great you were chosen. Unfortunately I didn't get either of my choices. I can't complain as the first time I tried I got both my choices!! It certainly isn't as though I have nothing to read...I thought that title looked interesting, too!

Carol said...

Hi Patti,
Your mermaid is truly adorable. I may have to consider signing up for that fun group! I live in Auburn, NH by Lake Massabesic... not far at all from Merrimack! Wish you were still there, I would stop by and see you... maybe go to Yankee together :-)

Lelia said...

Great stash in the mail! Have fun with your exchange finishing. Cords are trickie -- I find tassels much easier.