October 3, 2005

Poster Child for How Not To Make Cording

I am a dysfunctional cord maker. I don't know why because I have all the equipment required: two hands, a cording drill, material to make cord but I swear something goes terribly wrong with my brain when there is any math involved. And cording does require math - even if it's of the most basic kind. Therefore, what is easy for most normal people is an exercise in frustration for me.

That said, I have made the cording for my sweetbag and I have even attached it to the bag itself. I even took a picture as proof. I'm not 100% happy with it but I've done the best I can. I'm sure when you see it you will be complimentary (you WILL be complimentary right?) but I'm such a perfectionist and the picture in my head of how I wanted my bag to look, isn't exactly how it looks. Can you hear the huge sigh from here? I still have to make two tassles and attach them but I'm all out of threads and energy.

Things I learned from this episode: I will choose a different finishing method next time and I really need to practice making cording. What is your secret? Please, help the pitiful. :-) If it doesn't involve any math, I'll be your friend for life.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the well wishes for the game tomorrow night, Patti. I am SO hoping we can sweep the Yankees. :D

NancyLBMA said...

It looks good in the picture, I'm sure you're just being overly critical of yourself. Sorry we forgot to do the cording in Hershey :(

I have no secrets for doing cording, but when we did it at A Stitchers Garden retreat it came out much better doing it with two people. The tension is held better that way. Hard to explain....

Kiwi Jo said...

Your cording looks fine to me. I usually find that the second time I do something it is infinitely easier so I'm sure it will be the same for you.