March 6, 2009

Fair Progress


Last night was my last class for the Spring I term and I got out of class early so I picked up my Halloween Fairy and stitched on her till almost 11pm which is late for me - I hope there aren't a lot of errors! She's really coming along I think. I'm working on getting most of the regular DMC stitching done before switching to the Kreinik and beading. Once her skirt is done, it should go pretty fast because most of the solid stitching will done. I'm a bit apprehensive on working with the Kreinik - metallic threads are not my favorites and this has quite a bit. But it will be worth the effort because they really make the piece sparkle. I hope to put more time into this today as I have a few days off.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Nice progress picture. I love the Halloween Fairie. You will certainly have some stitching time after finishing your last class. Enjoy your days off!

Dora said...

Nice to see you back blogging and I like the new look of your blog!
Great progress of the Fairie.