March 17, 2009

Rotation Tryout

In an effort not to bore both myself and you, I've decided to try out a project rotation to add some variety to my stitching. I don't have a great history with a rotation however, anything is usually worth another try. Here's my plan:

Monday will be for knitting or crocheting
Tuesday will be for stitching ornaments
Wednesday will be for a new project - CHS The Gilded Cage
Thursday will be for knitting or crocheting
Friday will be a HIH heart kit for my sister
Saturday will be Alexandre SAL day as usual
Sunday will be for my Halloween Fairy

Here is my progress on my Alexander piece after stitching on it Saturday. I have a floral motif on the left and right to complete and a small one below the end of the alphabet and the rest of the border and this panel will be done. I've been considering jumping to some of the accessories that go along with this project vs. starting another full panel but I still haven't decided what I will do. I probably have two more Saturday's of stitching on this before I make up my mind.

My thanks to all of you who have been stopping by - I really appreciate your comments and encouragement. Class starts back up on Thursday but I hope to keep posting and reading blogs as I am able. I look forward to seeing what everyone else is working on - it's so inspiring!

4 comments:

Brigitte said...

This rotation thing is waiting for me, too. As soon as my committment stitching is finished I'll try a rotation but I'm not sure if it will be a daily one or a weekly one. I'll see.
Nice progress on your SAL!

mainely stitching said...

Good luck!!

Deb said...

Just discovered your blog today! I love it! I'm horrible at rotations so I wish you luck. Also love your start on the SAL Alexandre. I've been wanting to start this for a while. Hmmm, maybe I should start a rotation!

staci said...

Very pretty stitching :) Good luck with your rotation...I've never been able to stick to one. I just work on whatever strikes my fancy, lol ;)