March 2, 2009

UFO Sunday



I didn't make much progress on my UFO stitching yesterday. The photo on the left is where I started and the one on the right is where I ended yesterday evening. By the time I sat down to stitch, my eyes were too tired to do much over one stitching. I am however going to keep this project envelope in my stitching bag rather than put it away until the first Sunday in April. I think for now I will alternate between this and my Halloween fairy depending on my mood. There is also a new project kitted up in that bag that I'm trying to resist so we'll see how that goes!

My thanks to everyone who has been stopping by and commenting. It feels good to be back in the blogging and stitching world and I'm going to do my best to keep my blog updated and visit more of your wonderful pages. The projects you are working on are so inspiring!

5 comments:

Joanie said...

Girl, I'm glad you're back! I love you SALAlexandra and your alphabet is great too!

mainely stitching said...

It's really nice to see the CHS alphabet, always a favorite of mine. :D

Craft-i-leigh said...

I'm from Mass, but lived in Maine with my father for a short time as a teenager. Not my cup of tea as we were in the boonies. Like the beach and tourist areas though. I am new to the world of stitching and have been browsing various blogs to try and gain some knowledge and get some tips / ideas. I originally started with a stamped, then counted “kits”. I’m working on my 2nd chart and have noticed some big differences in floss types and quality.
My Cross Stitch Mentor has told me that I’m ready to graduate from Aida, but I really like Aida. Maybe it’s just beginner’s comfort???
If you would answer my question… What type of fabric or fabrics do you prefer and why? Brands and counts?
I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Brigitte said...

I didn't know that you stitch the CHS alphabet, Patti. It's a great project and every stitch you put in is a progerss even if you can't see a big difference afterwards.
New projects that are already kitted up are always such a temptation, aren't they?

Nancy said...

Your stitching looks wonderful. You haven't lost your touch! Glad to see you back. A stitch in at my house in the spring/summer????

Nancy