March 31, 2009

Thanks for all of your tips!

As a result of all your wonderful tips and advice for working with the dreaded Kreinik thread, I buckled down and worked on getting some of the stitching out of the way on Sunday. It was a perfect day for stitching as the weather was cold and rainy so I had a great excuse for staying in doors. And I'm really happy with the progress I made!

I ended up going with one thread only and very short lengths. It was kind of a pain to have to rethread the needle so often but it was worth it. I was also careful to keep dropping my needle every few stitches to let the thread unwind so it didn't crimp up a lot and that really seemed to work well.

Thanks to all your great advice, I no longer dread having to work with metallic threads. Thank you everyone!

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

Very nice progress picture, Patti.

Deb said...

Glad to hear that all the tips helped. Looks like you made some great progress!

Anonymous said...

She is looking just beautiful, well done on your perserverance with those metallics :)

Michelle said...

Oooh, she's beautiful! I'm really wanting to stitch her.

Sonda said...

The fairy is looking wonderful! Glad the Kreinik stitches are getting a little easier!