March 14, 2009

A great end to a vacation week












It's back to work for me on Monday but for one last hurrah before that, my friend Nancy and I got together on Friday and took a trip out to ABC Stitch Therapy in Grantham, NH. We met in Manchester and then drove out to visit ABC. They were in their new location which is just down the road from where they used to be. It's a really great space with lots of natural light, room and tons and tons of stash!

They have a truly incredible selection of fibers and threads and a really nice variety of charts and other stitching related items. We got there around 11am and before we knew it, it was after 1:00pm. As you can see from the photos, I did a bit of stash enhancement - mainly fibers. I made a list of projects I would like to stitch this year and then the threads I needed to complete them. I bought NPI silks, Weeks, GAST and a bunch of Crescent Colors cottons. I also couldn't resist the three new stocking booklets from BBD and The Primitive Needle's Cape Cod Girls.

Nancy brought along some of her wonderful quilting and gifted me with this gorgeous tote bag she made. Isn't it great? The fabric colors are so vibrant and she did a great job sewing it. I will be using this either to carry materials for my class or as a second project tote.

We had our own mini show and tell over lunch of projects we're working on - she's got some great new charts and projects coming so be sure to check back to her blog often - she's promised to update it!

6 comments:

LivnLaf said...

I Love Cape Cod Girls! I didn't buy it though...yet...so I may ahev to live through YOU vicariously this time. :-)

mainely stitching said...

I just love ABC Stitch. Was Marie there?

I also splurged on Cape Cod Girls. I could not resist it!

Brigitte said...

When I see the gorgeous stash haul I would have liked to be with you at ABC. So many wonderful threads!
Enjoy your last day of vacation today!

Nancy said...

Glad we got to spend time together at ABC! It was nice to see you again. And you have guilted me into it~I've updated ny Blog......Nancy

Dora said...

The tote bag is beautiful!

Maren said...

Wow, what a lot of neat additions to the stash! Those are some lovely colors on those threads. I can't wait to see what you do with them.